1. Tickets are sold for the event by the organization called Waking Life (the ‘Promoter’) subject to licence approval, the terms and conditions below, and the rules and regulations of Waking Life (the ‘Festival’), as displayed at the venue (the ‘Site’).
2. These terms & conditions contain important information, please read them carefully. The use of this ticket and entry onto the Site shall constitute an acceptance by the holder of these terms & conditions and imply an undertaking on the part of the holder to observe them. In the event of any breach of these terms & conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel tickets, to refuse admission, to remove the holder or to confiscate offending articles, as the case may be, and in any case, to retain any monies paid for the relevant ticket.
3. Tickets cannot be transferred, re-sold, refunded or re-issued. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the Promoter or one of its authorized sub-agents, it will become void and the holder may be refused entry or removed from the Site.
4. Partial payments of tickets bought with an instalment plan cannot be refunded.
5. No exchanges or refunds can be issued after entering the Site.
6. No tickets may be used for competitions, promotions or hospitality packages without the prior written consent of the Promoter, and any ticket so used will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry or asked to leave the Site.
7. If the participant is not able to present their ticket, the Promotor reserves the right to not allow their access to the Site.
8. If the Festival date is rescheduled for any reasons, the ticket will be valid for the new scheduled date.
9. Waking Life will not be able to issue any refunds of tickets in case of a cancelation due to an unforeseen event. Cancelled means, for example, that no concerts can take place, or that a percentage of concerts that will not take place is higher than 50%. In case of unfavourable weather conditions (such as fire risk), or in case of natural disasters, closure of the Portuguese airspace or other causes of force majeure not imputable to the organisation, there will be no right to the reimbursement of the ticket value.
10. Tickets are sold subject to the Promoter’s right to alter or vary the performances and/or the Festival without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
11. Lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or undelivered tickets cannot be replaced or refunded. There will be no admission without a valid ticket. When you receive your tickets, please check them carefully, as mistakes cannot always be rectified. Keep tickets in a safe place.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to the Festival. Stewards and security personnel will conduct searches of persons entering the Site to ensure the safety of the other participants.
13. Any person who fails to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting for the Promoter or behave against the peaceful atmosphere at Waking Life may be removed from the Site.
14. Those who carry prohibited objects can be denied entry. The list of objects prohibited on Site covers (for example): weapons or objects that may be used as a weapon, glass, explosives and fire equipment, selfie sticks, or any other objects that may be considered dangerous for the safety and (mental) health of others.
15. Food and camping gear can be brought onto the Site. Please don’t leave any camping gear behind.
16. Food, drink and general provisions will be available from authorized identified vendors within the Site. No vending can be undertaken without the prior written consent of the Promoter. Any offenders will have their property confiscated and may be asked to leave the Site.
17. Admission to the Site is at the ticket holder’s own risk. The Promoter and owner of the Waking Life land will not be held responsible for loss or damage to property or persons whilst attending this event.
18. The festival takes place in dry area so the risk of fire is high. Therefore it’s not allowed to make fires of any kind. Cigarette butts should be carefully put out at all times. Keep the land clean and don’t litter. Any person that litters may be refused entry or asked to leave the Site.
19. No illegal substances may be brought onto the Site.
20. Photographic, video or audio reproduction of Waking Life is prohibited. Any participant taking pictures or filming on a dancefloor may be asked to leave the Site.
21. No light sources on the dancefloor; the lighting is designed for specific aesthetic reasons.
22. Ticket holders consent to their inclusion in official newsletters or other communication, photographic, visual & audio recordings of the Festival as members of the audience.
23. No animals are allowed on-site, guide dogs for the blind excepted. Sun, dehydration, noise and many people can increase the stress and health problems of your pets. Due to this reason, pets are not allowed at the Festival.
Read the Guidance page on our website before purchasing your ticket. All ticket holders are expected to know about Waking Life’s values and agree to respect them.
In the case of circumstances beyond normal control, such as war, civil or political unrest, actions and orders from the authorities, strikes, catastrophes, epidemics, extreme heat or other severe damages or highly unexpected factors the Promoter may be forced to cancel the Festival. The amounts received will not be refunded.
If there is an interruption of the event and/or replacement of the program or activity of the festival resulting from the occurrence of a situation of extraordinary/unforeseeable nature outside the will of the organisers, the tickets will not be refunded.
It is possible that exposure to loud music may cause damage to hearing: bring ear plugs. Please be aware that strobe lighting may be used.